Cellular Automata. Individual-based Models. Agent-based models. Network Models. Structuring and desinging IBMs. Emergent Behaviour. Comparison to Mean-field models. Simulation techniques. Parallelizing simulation. Out-of-core simulation techniques. Parameterizing IBM. Synthetic populations. Analyzing Large-scale simulation models. Visualizing population simulations.
- Individual Based Models and Ecology. Volker Grimm and Steven Railsback.
- Spatial Agent-Based Simulation Modeling in Public Health: Design, Implementation, and Applications for Malaria Epidemiology. S. M. Niaz Arifin and Gregory R. Madey. Wiley 2016
- Evolutionary Game Theory, Natural Selection, and Darwinian Dynamics. Thomas L. Vincent and Joel S. Brown. 2012
- Brownian Agents and Active Particles: Collective Dynamics in the Natural and Social Sciences. Frank Schweitzer. Springer. 2007
- Statistical Physics and Computational Methods for Evolutionary Game Theory. Marco Alberto Javarone. 2018
- Monte Carlo Simulation and Resampling Methods for Social Science. Thomas M. Carsey and Jeffrey J. Harden. 2013
- Agent-Based Computational Demography: Using Simulation to Improve Our Understanding of Demographic Behaviour (Contributions to Economics). Francesco C. Billari and Alexia Prskawetz. 2003
- Computational and Mathematical Modeling in the Social Sciences. Scott de Marchi. 2005