In the application form, in addition to personal data and information about academic qualifications, applicants must submit a letter describing their reasons for applying for the program and how they intend to use the knowledge acquired (it is suggested to prepare the text in advance and paste it in the appropriate field of the form).
Enrollment will be formalized by uploading the documentation below, on the registration page of the Selection Process, available on the School's page:
2. CPF (Brazilian Social Security Number);
3. Passport (foreign applicants);
4. Lattes / CNPq Curriculum (http://lattes.cnpq.br) attaching copies of the most relevant works, when available (optional) or Curriculum Vitae;
5. Social Name requirement form;
6. Medical Report (People with Disabilities).
7. School Records for Graduation. In the case of a course taken abroad, the document must be consularized by the Brazilian representative at the Embassie/Consulates in the country of origin of the Diploma or booklet, according to the Hague Convention, and presented with a sworn translation;
8. Master's Degree (holders of a Master's degree). In the case of a course taken abroad, the document must be consularized by the Brazilian representative at the Embassie/Consulates in the country of origin of the Diploma or booklet, according to the Hague Convention, and presented with a sworn translation;
9. Candidates in the process of completing their Undergraduate course may submit, for registration to the Selection Process, a statement with the expected completion of the course (issued less than 60 days ago). For the effective enrollment, it will be mandatory to present the Diploma or Declaration containing the date of graduation;
10. Classification and grade in one of the following exams (optional) valid for 2 years: POSCOMP, GRE, ANPAD, ANPEC.
11. English language proficiency certificate from one of the following tests (optional): IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge ESOL: FCE, CAE or CPE.
• Documents must be scanned, saved in "PDF" format and attached to the Registration Form;
• Photos of documents will not be accepted;
• The maximum size allowed for uploading each document is 1.5MB;
• Documents that have front and back or more than 1 (one) page, must be scanned in a single file (ID, passport, Diploma etc);
• Candidates should consult the status of the documentation sent through the website www.fgv.br/processoseletivo/dmm, in the Overview menu, in the link Follow-up your Registration. Documents will be verified within 3 (three) business days after confirmation of payment of the registration fee.
Candidates for the Doctorate Program in Mathematical Modeling will be selected by a Selection Committee made up of teachers from the Program, according to the criteria specified below, all phases being of an eliminatory nature:
1. Document analysis;
3. Research proposal.
A single score will be assigned, from 0 (zero) to 10 (ten) points for each item that is part of the selection phases.
PHASE 1 Document analysis:
1. Analysis of the Curriculum Vitae or Lattes;
2. Research proposal.
PHASE 2 – Interview:
1. The selection interviews will take place in the period provided for in the Calendar.
2. Candidates residing in other states will be able to conduct the interview via Skype.
3. The Course Coordination will schedule the interviews. Contact will be held by e-mail or telephone.
Guidelines for the interview
1. The candidate must arrive at the interview site at least 30 (thirty) minutes in advance, carrying an original ID with photo or passport;
2. The candidate who does not attend the interview on the dates, times and places determined will be automatically eliminated from the Selection Process;
3. Under no circumstances will there be rescheduling of the interview as a result of non-compliance with any item of the notice;
4. FGV is not responsible for the custody of objects and will not be responsible for the loss of IDs and/or other objects during the interview, nor for damages caused to them;
5. When entering the premises of the interview, the candidate must turn off and store cell phones and all electronic equipment, in addition to other objects, under the penalty of being eliminated from the selection process;
6. It will not be allowed to access FGV facilities wearing shorts, flip-flops, tank tops, miniskirts, tops or cropped blouses.
CRITERIA FOR APPROVAL OF CANDIDATES
The criteria will be judged by the selection committee that will assess the candidates' ability to analyze scenarios and support decision-making in situations of intensive data use, in addition to significant contributions to research in the area. The final average will be composed of the arithmetic average achieved by analyzing the selection criteria, with 7.0 (seven) being the minimum approval average.
In the event of a tie, the classification will be defined based on the following criteria:
1. Highest score in document analysis;
2. Higher grade in the research proposal;
3. Highest grade in the interview;
4. If the tie persists, the age criterion will be used, with the oldest student being selected.
Successful candidates will be listed in descending order, possibly including a waiting list to be determined by the selection committee, which can be used in case of withdrawal or disqualification of selected candidates.
The list of classified candidates and list of alternates will be published, according to the announcement, on the FGV EMAP School of Applied Mathematics website (https://emap.fgv.br), after the completion of all phases. Only the candidate approved in all phases of the selection process will be allowed to enroll.
The final result of the Doctorate in Mathematical Modeling Selection will be announced on January 24th, 2020, through an alphabetically ordered list with those selected in the Selection Process. Successful candidates will be contacted by the School of Applied Mathematics - FGV EMAp by phone and/or email and must confirm their intention to enroll with the Academic Records Secretariat - SRA according to the period established in this document.
In order to complete the Registration, the candidate must access the Selective Process website - www.fgv.br/processeletivo> Results> Pre-registration and schedule the appointment at the Academic Records Secretariat, according to the day and time of your preference.
1. The scheduling period is available in the Calendar;
2. Scheduling must be done in advance, due to the demand of candidates, availability of dates and times;
3. Only duly scheduled candidates will be attended;
4. Candidates who do not comply with the scheduled time or do not present the documentation for registration, as established in the notice, must wait for the availability of the service, in the absence of the next candidate at the time designated for him.
Enrollment will be formalized upon delivery of the following documentation to the SRA – Secretariat of Academic Records:
1. 2 (two) recent 3x4 photos;
2. Official ID (passport will not be accepted);
4. Birth or Marriage Certificate, according to marital status;
5. Social Name inclusion form;
6. Medical Report (Person with Disabilities);
7. Undergraduate degree. In the case of a course taken abroad, the document must be consularized by the Brazilian representation (Embassies / Consulates) in the country of origin of the Diploma or booklet, according to the Hague Convention, and presented with a certified translation;
8. Masters Degree (holders of a Masters degree). In the case of a course taken abroad, the document must be consularized by the representative of Brazil (Embassies / Consulates) in the country of origin of the Diploma or booklet, according to the Hague Convention, and presented with a certified translation.
1. 2 (two) recent 3x4 photos;
3. Temporary Student Visa;
5. National Migration Registry - RNM;
6. Birth or Marriage Certificate, according to marital status;
7. Social Name inclusion form;
8. Medical Report (Person with Disabilities);
9. Undergraduate degree. In the case of a course taken abroad, the document must be consularized by the Brazilian representation (Embassies / Consulates) in the country of origin of the Diploma or booklet, according to the Hague Convention, and presented with a certified translation;
10. Masters Degree (holders of a Masters degree). In the case of a course taken abroad, the document must be consularized by the Brazilian representation (Embassies / Consulates) in the country of origin of the Diploma or booklet, according to the Hague Convention, and presented with a certified translation;
11. Insurance policy with a minimum amount of € 30,000 (thirty thousand euros) or US $ 42,000 (forty-two thousand US dollars) and including transfers to the country of origin.
The cancellation of enrollment must be made by the contracting party, via a request filed with the SRA - Secretariat for Academic Records. For billing Legal Entities, consult our financial services at the Academic Records Secretariat - SRA.
OPEN DAY - COURSE PRESENTATION LECTURE
During the selection process, the coordination of the Academic Doctorate in Mathematical Modeling promotes the Open Day, an information session, where candidates interested in the course have the opportunity to get to know the School's facilities, teachers, research programs, in addition to obtaining more detailed information about the program and exchange experiences with students and alumni.
Free course presentation lecture
Date and time: 10/31/19 at 2:30 pm location: Auditorium 537 - 5th floor (Headquarters of FGV - Praia de Botafogo, 190 - Botafogo - RJ)
Praia de Botafogo, 190 - CEP 22250-900, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Praia de Botafogo, 190, 5th floor - CEP 22250-900, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Phone: (21) 3799-5917 / 6262
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm
SECRETARY OF ACADEMIC RECORDS - SRA
A / C: Selection Process for the Doctorate in Mathematical Modeling (no site está mestrado na pagina de doutorado)
Praia de Botafogo, 190 / office 314 - 3rd floor
Zip code 22250-900, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Phone: (21) 3799-5757
Office Hours: 9am to 6pm