Introduction to the concept of Graph: Vertices, edges, isomorphism, directionality; Graph metrics: Order, degree distributions, diameter, centrality, connectivity, etc .; Matrix representations of graphs; Graphs as sets; Random graphs: processes that generate graph; Introduction to computational graph manipulation; Networks. Typology and relationship with the graph concept. Social Networks Information Networks Data collection from Online Social Networks. Building networks from data; Diffusion in networks: Epidemics, Deterministic and stochastic models. Application discussion
- Barabási, A.-L. (2002). Linked: the new science of networks. Perseus Pub.
- Benkler, Y. (2007). The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom. Yale University Press.
- Chartrand, G. (1985). Introductory graph theory. Courier Dover Publications.
- Jackson, M. O. (2008). Social and economic networks. Princeton University press.
- Wasserman, S., & Faust, K. (1994). Social network analysis: methods and applications. Cambridge University Press.